Pages

mercredi 28 février 2018

Welcome back

Hi everyone ! Long time no see !!

Last post was almost 3 years ago. Lot of things happened !!  

Since I had to put lots of efforts on school i had to stop blogging, i was taking me a lot of time. I was also giving myself irrealisable deadlines for my stitching. While working, going to school, life, I was not able to put all the time i wanted in stitching and felt ashamed, since i value myself mainly on performance. Now, i let myself the right to not have time to do some embroidery, and i feel great about it. (Ok, I'm lying, i always want to stitch, even if i don't have time!) I'm now in Graduate Program in university, so i still have so much work to do and no time for what i want.

Not only master is a great news, i have another one, very important : 
I finally got my Japanese Embroidery lessons! 
The one i was waiting for so long. At first i has prepared myself to go to Atlanta on September 2016, but got a last minute impediment... I was so sad, but began to prepare another trip for the year after.

Luckily, a teacher of JE came in Montreal in October 2017. I had the chance to meet a group of japanese embroidery in my city. We now have a monthly meeting for a full day of stitching at the house of one of the ladies. I feel so blessed to have meet those ladies, and that wouldn't have happened if i went to my class in 2016. 

Have confidence in life, she knows what's best :) 

I plan to post pictures and progression of my Bouquet From the Heart of Japan, the Phase I of the Japanese Embroidery Center. Instagram is nice to post picture, but it's hard to tell a story about my struggles and achievements. 

If possible, i want to document my journey like the two blogs i've been following for so long : Susan Elliott from Plays with needles and Carol-Anne Conway from Threads Across the Web, even if it's been long time they didn't post anything. They were a great inspiration for me, and i think it's the best way to do a tribute for them by posting my own journey on a blog. I hope they'll make a comeback someday !

JEC ©



___

I did a lot of cross stitching, and posted it on Instagram since 2015. You can follow me on @marilym.stitch if you want. I have some pictures of progression on a lot of things. I will still post pictures of cross stitch if by some reason i do work on my WIP, but mainly most of my time is on JE now.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire