Pages

mercredi 28 février 2018

Japanese Embroidery Class Phase 1 - Day 0

I have no words to tell how I was excited to attend my first day of Japanese Embroidery class. I was waiting for this day for so many years. Instead of me going to Atlanta to follow the Phase I course, a teachers came in Montreal. Her name is Sue Sprake from London, Canada. It was a dream coming true ! 

The teacher made sure to order everything we would need for Phase I : Threads, silk, needle.. etc. Another lady from the group order the wood frame we are using for JE. 

Since the time for embroidery was quite limited ( 5 day class), Sue asked our frame to be mounted already for day one. It was a good idea because it took almost 3 hours for the 4 beginners to have their piece ready. 


Here are some pictures : 



Some of my tools : 
- Tekobari, long stroking needle to make the silk flat and shiny
- Japanese Scissor (Regular embroidery scissors works fine too) 

In the back, the fabric mounted on the frame, and a picture of a completed project to help us


Light is bad, but this is what it looked like, with the frame and stand.


Finally, the seven colours we will need for the project. Silk tread is a pleasure to work with... but also a creation of the devil. It lays so beautifully on the fabric, until you snag it with the side of your thumb. 

« If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.»

Beautiful things have their own caracter, I suppose.  

______

By the way, if you know any Japanese embroidery blog these days, let me know ! I'm always looking for inspiration !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire